Chef Wants Organic Produce
David Peronne is a chef in a French restaurant where dining is white tablecloth upscale. Chef Peronne prides himself in only the freshest ingredients. Lately his customer's have also been requesting organically grown entrees. Chef Peronne uses MarketMaker to locate farmers who can direct market and deliver fresh organic eggs and vegetables to his restaurant.
David wants to use MarketMaker to:
Locate farmers who can direct market and deliver fresh organic eggs and vegetables.
Step by step directions to identify organic vegetable and egg producers
- From the Farmers, Fisheries, & Businesses area of the homepage, click the drop down arrow beside Business Type. David selects Farmers. Next he types Vegetables in the keyword box and clicks Search.
- Since David is looking for fresh organic vegetables, he will check the Organic (Certified) box in the Product Attributes-3rd Party Certified/Verified menu, and fresh from the Product Form menu. The default search is Statewide for the search area.
- The search results with the map of all farmers will appear. David can click on the Business Namer in the Results list of a particular business to get details about them. The details include contact information, location, web address, and detailed product information, if available. David also has an option of clicking on Current Map in the Search By dropdown to view all results in map view.
- David is also looking for fresh organic eggs. While in the mapping page, he can click on Begin New Business Search, click Farmer, then click Meat & Poultry. David checks the box Eggs from the Meat & Poultry Product Type menu, checks the Organic (Certified) box in the Product Attributes-3rd Party Certified/Verified menu, and fresh from the Product Form menu.
- The search results will appear. David can do the same steps mentioned above to learn more about the businesses listed in the results
- David can now research and contact producers to purchasing product for his up-scale restaurant.